<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Quiet Time (Hopefully!)

Quiet Time (Hopefully!)

May 14th, 2015 at 05:46 am

SO left this morning. He'll be back Sunday evening until early Thursday morning and then he'll be gone 3 weeks. I woke up at 5 am after going to bed at 1, so I'm looking forward to turning in early tonight.

DD2 has two lesions on her back. We took her to the vet yesterday to have them looked at and while there, she was really lethargic and had vomited/had diarrhea that morning. I was really worried the parvo was back, but she seemed to perk up a bit in the afternoon. The visit was just over $200 which puts pet spending at double what I had budgeted for the month and doesn't even account for her next round of shots which will be next week. My goal is to not spend on anything for the remainder of the month except for gas and a trip to PetSmart (DC needs food and DD2 needs training pads). I was going to throw one eat-out/order-in day in there too, but I think I'll save that as my reward for making my DietBet goal.

3 Responses to “Quiet Time (Hopefully!)”

  1. CB in the City Says:

    Hope DD2 is okay. Vet bills are inevitable when we have furry ones; it is money well spent.

  2. snafu Says:

    Riley seems beset with problems. Does the agency/rescue have the animals they offer for sale checked by a vet before they are advertised? Do the documents verify Riley was in good health? Have you discussed the problems with the agency/rescue? Will they help with any of these vet expenses?

  3. Debt-free by Thir-ty Says:

    Snafu, she did have parvo as a puppy. We actually delayed the adoption by a few weeks to let her heal. She's been fine since we got her. I'm not sure what happened with her to cause this the past couple of days, but we have been walking her outside a little more and had her on regular food, so it may have just been a case of too much too soon. She even started acting normal last night. The vet suggested keeping her on the sensitive stomach diet food for another week or so to be safe, but she's been much better yesterday afternoon and today. (She's batting around a gatorade bottle as I type this...)

    The budget overage this month is mostly my fault. I didn't account for the next round of shots. And while I'm thinking about it, I'll need to start putting aside money for her spay which will be at 6 months.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]